I, Ashu M. G. Solo, filed the following:

1. Civil rights case against the City of Saskatoon (Mayor's Office) and Councillor Randy Donauer for prayer recitations at government organized events

2. Code of Conduct complaint against Mayor Don Atchison for potential online campaign advertising violations

3. Civil rights case against the City of Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit Services) for promoting holidays from only one religion on city buses

4. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (Executive Committee) for retaliating against me by not reappointing me to the Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee and not appointing me to another civic committee or board

5. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (City Solicitor’s Office) for retaliating against me by trying to deprive me of my right to directly communicate with members of City Council and by telling employees of other City of Saskatoon departments to not talk to me

6. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Office) and City of Saskatoon (Living in Harmony Ad Hoc Subcommittee of Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee) for retaliating against me by not considering my submissions to the Living in Harmony Contest

This site contains my media releases, some case documents, emails to City Council, etc.

I don't waste my time arguing with opponents.

The backlash makes me much more determined to fight against bigotry and shows the need for these civil rights cases, so I'll be filing more civil rights cases. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

MEDIA ALERT: Executive Committee resuming deliberations on Feb. 25 about my civil rights complaint regarding Christmas messages on buses


From: Ashu M. G. Solo [mailto:amgsolo@mavericktechnologies.us]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 12:39 AM
To: amgsolo@mavericktechnologies.us
Subject: MEDIA ALERT: Executive Committee resuming deliberations on Feb. 25 about my civil rights complaint regarding Christmas messages on buses

Dear Media:

At a public meeting on Monday, February 25, 2013, the City of Saskatoon’s Executive Committee, which is composed of the mayor and city councillors, will be resuming its deliberations about my civil rights complaint regarding Christmas messages on buses.  The meeting will be held in City Hall committee room A at 1:00 PM.  The committee agenda can be seen at

The Executive Committee had referred this issue to the Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee.  Representatives on the Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee had really different views about what to do regarding my complaint.  They couldn’t agree on a recommendation for the Executive Committee.  Therefore, the Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee decided to take no action on my complaint and simply send their comments to the Executive Committee, so the Executive Committee can make a more informed decision.  The agenda at the link above includes comments from the last meeting of the Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee on this issue.  They also discussed this issue at a private retreat.

The only practical, fair, and nondiscriminatory policy is to not have messages for religious holidays on programmable signs of Saskatoon Transit buses.  You can see select correspondence with the City of Saskatoon and Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission on my complaints at http://atchison-discrimination.blogspot.ca

Best regards,

Ashu M. G. Solo