I, Ashu M. G. Solo, filed the following:

1. Civil rights case against the City of Saskatoon (Mayor's Office) and Councillor Randy Donauer for prayer recitations at government organized events

2. Code of Conduct complaint against Mayor Don Atchison for potential online campaign advertising violations

3. Civil rights case against the City of Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit Services) for promoting holidays from only one religion on city buses

4. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (Executive Committee) for retaliating against me by not reappointing me to the Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee and not appointing me to another civic committee or board

5. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (City Solicitor’s Office) for retaliating against me by trying to deprive me of my right to directly communicate with members of City Council and by telling employees of other City of Saskatoon departments to not talk to me

6. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Office) and City of Saskatoon (Living in Harmony Ad Hoc Subcommittee of Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee) for retaliating against me by not considering my submissions to the Living in Harmony Contest

This site contains my media releases, some case documents, emails to City Council, etc.

I don't waste my time arguing with opponents.

The backlash makes me much more determined to fight against bigotry and shows the need for these civil rights cases, so I'll be filing more civil rights cases. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Solo's Media Coverage on Saskatoon.ca Web Site Upgrade

From: Ashu M. G. Solo [mailto:amgsolo@mavericktechnologies.us] 
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2012 5:35 AM
To: 'mayors.office@saskatoon.ca'; 'randy.donauer@saskatoon.ca'; 'eric.olauson@saskatoon.ca'; 'darren.hill@saskatoon.ca'; 'pat.lorje@saskatoon.ca'; 'charlie.clark@saskatoon.ca'; 'mairin.loewen@saskatoon.ca'; 'troy.davies@saskatoon.ca'; 'zach.jeffries@saskatoon.ca'; 'ann.iwanchuk@saskatoon.ca'; 'tiffany.paulsen@saskatoon.ca'
Cc: Totland, Murray 
(City Manager's Office); South, Jeanna (City Manager's Office)
Subject: Solo's Media Coverage on Saskatoon.ca Web Site Upgrade

Dear City Council,

This is my media coverage on the Saskatoon.ca Web site upgrade:

Controverse à Saskatoon:  le nouveau site Internet de la Ville coûtera plus d'un million $,” CBC, Dec. 7, 2012,
Note: This article can be translated to English with Google Translate. 

Ashu M. G. Solo interviewed by Guillaume Dumont for news on CBC Radio-Canada, Dec. 7, 2012.

Ashu M. G. Solo on “Ultimate Open Session, Part 2” on John Gormley Live with host John Gormley, News Talk 650 CKOM and News Talk 980 CJME, Dec. 7, 2012,
Note:  Solo is on between 32 min. 16 sec. and 34 min. 24 sec.

If uninformed computer laypersons in other cities were fooled into spending much more than they should have for a Web site upgrade, this doesn’t mean that uninformed computer laypersons in Saskatoon should be fooled into spending much more than they should for a Web site upgrade.  The City of Saskatoon should hire two of its own Web developers/designers to upgrade and maintain the Web site instead of using outside consultants for almost $200/hour.  I know about this because I’m a part-time Web developer and have set up Web development contracts for businesses.

I previously sent you lists of the extensive media coverage of my Code of Conduct complaint against Don Atchison for online campaign advertising as well as my civil rights complaint against Don Atchison, Randy Donauer, and the City of Saskatoon for a prayer recitation at a civic event.

I wasn’t trying to get media coverage for myself on this issue.  I was just trying to get the media to cover this issue, so that you’re held accountable for this potential extreme waste of taxpayer money, but I’m happy to give my comments to the media.  This message is blind copied to the media and will be posted for the public at http://atchison-discrimination.blogspot.ca.

Sincerely,

Ashu M. G. Solo