I, Ashu M. G. Solo, filed the following:

1. Civil rights case against the City of Saskatoon (Mayor's Office) and Councillor Randy Donauer for prayer recitations at government organized events

2. Code of Conduct complaint against Mayor Don Atchison for potential online campaign advertising violations

3. Civil rights case against the City of Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit Services) for promoting holidays from only one religion on city buses

4. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (Executive Committee) for retaliating against me by not reappointing me to the Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee and not appointing me to another civic committee or board

5. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (City Solicitor’s Office) for retaliating against me by trying to deprive me of my right to directly communicate with members of City Council and by telling employees of other City of Saskatoon departments to not talk to me

6. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Office) and City of Saskatoon (Living in Harmony Ad Hoc Subcommittee of Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee) for retaliating against me by not considering my submissions to the Living in Harmony Contest

This site contains my media releases, some case documents, emails to City Council, etc.

I don't waste my time arguing with opponents.

The backlash makes me much more determined to fight against bigotry and shows the need for these civil rights cases, so I'll be filing more civil rights cases. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Civil Rights Complaint Against Don Atchison, Randy Donauer, and City of Saskatoon for Religious Discrimination

From: Ashu M. G. Solo
To: Mayor's Office; Randy Donauer
Cc: 
 Darren Hill; Pat Lorje; Ann Iwanchuk; Myles Heidt; Charlie Clark; Mairin Loewen; Glen Penner; Tiffany Paulsen; Bev Dubois 
Subject: 
Civil Rights Complaint Against Don Atchison, Randy Donauer, and City of Saskatoon for Religious Discrimination

Don Atchison and Randy Donauer,

I am attaching to this email a copy of my civil rights complaint made to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 that names Mayor Don Atchison, Councillor Randy Donauer, and the City of Saskatoon as defendants for religious discrimination at the Volunteer Appreciation Banquet on Wednesday, April 18, 2012.

This complaint is to protect the rights of the minority from the misdirected will of the majority. 

This complaint is to protect the right to freedom of religion enshrined in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and Saskatchewan Human Rights Code.

This complaint is to secure the birthright of religious liberty for all.

This complaint is to secure the right to freedom from religion as part of the right to freedom of religion.

This complaint is to enforce the separation of religion and government.

This complaint is to protect against religious bigots who would abuse their government offices to impose religion or spirituality on others who don't share these beliefs. 

This complaint is to protect against government giving primacy to one religion over all other religions.

This complaint is to protect against religious bigots who would abuse their government offices to impose their particular religious beliefs on others who don't share them. 

Most of all, this complaint is to get a judgment that has the effect of permanently stopping public prayers at all official civic events throughout the province of Saskatchewan.

And this complaint is to get a judgment that has persuasive value in other Canadian provinces too.

I sent this complaint by fax to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission on Tuesday, May 1, 2012.  Then I also hand-delivered it to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 because they wanted a copy with the original signature and I could get a stamped copy of it.  I will provide further information to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission on relevant legal precedents.

This email is being blinded copied to various media outlets.  My emails to Don Atchison, Randy Donauer, and Saskatoon City Council are available at

Sincerely,

Ashu M. G. Solo