I, Ashu M. G. Solo, filed the following:

1. Civil rights case against the City of Saskatoon (Mayor's Office) and Councillor Randy Donauer for prayer recitations at government organized events

2. Code of Conduct complaint against Mayor Don Atchison for potential online campaign advertising violations

3. Civil rights case against the City of Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit Services) for promoting holidays from only one religion on city buses

4. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (Executive Committee) for retaliating against me by not reappointing me to the Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee and not appointing me to another civic committee or board

5. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (City Solicitor’s Office) for retaliating against me by trying to deprive me of my right to directly communicate with members of City Council and by telling employees of other City of Saskatoon departments to not talk to me

6. Human rights complaint against the City of Saskatoon (Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Office) and City of Saskatoon (Living in Harmony Ad Hoc Subcommittee of Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee) for retaliating against me by not considering my submissions to the Living in Harmony Contest

This site contains my media releases, some case documents, emails to City Council, etc.

I don't waste my time arguing with opponents.

The backlash makes me much more determined to fight against bigotry and shows the need for these civil rights cases, so I'll be filing more civil rights cases. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Threats and Extreme Racism and Religious Bigotry from Supporters of Atchison and Donauer


From: Ashu M. G. Solo
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 11:22 PM
To: 
Mayor's Office; Randy Donauer 
Cc: 
Darren Hill; Pat Lorje; Ann Iwanchuk; Myles Heidt; Charlie Clark; Mairin Loewen; Glen Penner; Tiffany Paulsen; Bev Dubois
Subject: Threats and Extreme Racism and Religious Bigotry from Supporters of Atchison and Donauer

Don Atchison and Randy Donauer,

There has been massive media coverage of your religious discrimination and bigotry.  Besides being numerous articles and blog postings about your religious discrimination and bigotry, your religious bigotry and discrimination has been widely covered on local and national radio programs.  I was discussing your religious bigotry and discrimination on the Arlene Bynon Show today and will be discussing your religious bigotry and discrimination on John Gormley Live tomorrow.  I can’t even keep up with the massive media coverage of your religious bigotry and discrimination.  Do a Google search if you haven’t seen it.

Over the weekend, I’ve been subject to threats and extreme racism and religious bigotry from your supporters.  Your supporters have threatened me with violence.  Your supporters have told me to go back where I came from.  I came from here.  I was born in the Saskatoon City Hospital.  Tell that to your supporters.  Your supporters have insulted my name.  Your supporters have followed Donauer’s lead about saying I’m the bigot for standing up against your religious bigotry and discrimination.  Your supporters have told me this is a Christian country.  Your supporters have called me many different profanities.  Your supporters have insulted the way I look.  Your supporters have insulted my race.  Your supporters have insulted my ethnicity.  Your supporters have insulted me for being atheist.  Shame on you and your supporters.  I have absolute proof of all of this and will show it to you in this email and the attachment.

Make no mistake about it that these are your supporters.  They’re supporting you and attacking me.  Both of you caused all of this by your religious bigotry and discrimination at a municipal event.  Donauer caused all of this by implying that I’m against freedom and tolerance of his right to bigotry and discrimination.  Both of you caused all of this by not even having the decency to apologize and say you were wrong when asked about it by a StarPhoenix reporter.  Both of you caused all of this by not even saying you wouldn’t violate the separation of religion and government again when asked about it by a StarPhoenix reporter.  You should be extremely ashamed of yourselves.

You should tell your supporters immediately to stop the racism and bigotry.  You should tell your supporters immediately that I’m not the one who is against freedom and tolerance, as Donauer clearly implied.  You should tell your supporters that immediately that I came from here, not a foreign country.  You should tell your supporters immediately that it isn’t decent to insult the way I look, insult my race, insult my name, insult my ethnicity, insult my atheist belief, etc.  Shame on you and your supporters.

Your supporters have threatened me, told me to go back where I came from, insulted my first name, insulted my race, insulted my ethnicity, insulted my atheist belief, etc.  Shame on you and your supporters.  It really shows what kind of disgraceful politicians you are that you would have such supporters. 

Let me make clear that your supporter’s threats, racism, and bigotry makes me much more determined to pursue my complaint.  There is much more religious bigotry than I realized in Canada and I need to fight against that.

Because of the extremely shameful behavior of you and your supporters, I have created a blog with my emails to you and City Council as well as the article by StarPhoenix reporter Betty Ann Adam:


I will keep improving and adding to this blog.  I will publicize this blog all over the Web.

All of my emails to you have been blind copied to various media outlets.  This email is blind copied to various media outlets too.

As for Don Atchison’s completely ridiculous suggestion of having a prayer for a different religion every year, author David Barrett has documented 10,000 different religions, 150 of which have one million or more followers:


Are you going to have 10,000 different prayers, Atchison?  Where are you going to find people to say all of these prayers?  Why not just let people pray on their own if they want to instead of having public prayers at government events?

Atchison claims he never thought about the prayer.  Wake up, Atchison.  Wake up.  There are numerous people in this city who are not Christian.  You’ve been mayor for almost nine years.  Don’t pretend you didn’t realize not everyone is a Christian.  You know that.  I know that.  We all know that.  You knew the prayer trampled on the rights of those who aren’t Christian and even those who are Christian who don’t want to impose their beliefs on others, but you wanted to use your government office and a government event to impose your religious beliefs on others and give primacy to your religion over all other religions and ignore the law.  You should be mayor of all the people including non-Christians and aboriginals.  You should be extremely ashamed of yourselves.

If there is any retaliation by you such as abusing your authority to kick me off the Cultural Diversity and Race Relations Committee or preventing me from being on committees and boards in the future, I will absolutely sue for damages and I’m sure the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission won’t like that too.

Following are just a few of the extremely threatening, racist, bigoted, intolerant, profane, and nasty comments in the past two days by the supporters of Don Atchison and Randy Donauer on the National Post site on the Web posted in response to the article by Betty Ann Adam that was published on Saturday, April 21.  These comments have now been deleted, but I am attaching to this email a saved Web page with these comments:

8uc
Canada's history and culture is intertwined with Christianity.  Atheism is a false religion.  Since we won't take up arms against your heresy, perhaps we should let the moslems have a crack at you eh?


Eager Beagle
Ashu Solo is threatening? (he refers to threatening a human rights complaint)

Well, that reveals to me that his background is from a country, where you can just pick up a stone or a stick and run around the streets with a thousand kindred spirits, burn and loot to express your displeasure at whatever.

Mr. Solo, this primitive tactic will not work in Canada. We are a civilized, first world country (yet). Where can I make a donation to buy you a one way ticket back home?

God bless.


anonomyous
Who the hell let him into MY country? I really am sick and tired of all the complaining and complainers. Here is a thought Solo and there is no Mr. attached to that either - IF you don't like it or cannot be TOLERANT then kindly LEAVE THIS COUNTRY - GO BACK HOME where you most probably can do what you want. We have MORE RESPECT for others and their beliefs than you seem to.


ABM
Yet another example of immigrants trying to change our country and beliefs to suit themselves. If you don't like the way we do things in our country, then go back to where you came from. We do not want or need you here.


Janfred
Deport him.


frlwinslow
If Ashu Solo or any other individual does not accept the faith which is definitively a part of Canadian Historical Culture he, and any others, are free to leave the country for one where they would be more comfortable - and they can take the ridiculous, useless, meaningless HRC's with them! It is time for Canadians to stand up for their own culture instead of kowtowing to the whims and demands of those who emanate from other cultures and then wish to impose them upon proud Canadians!

Of course this comment will cause the lefties to go wild. But, let's face it, multiculturalism, as such is forced down our throats by the ignorant, is a crock of manure and needs to be replaced by a sensible vision of true multicultural rights as are being implemented now in other countries!


mrbuddhafreak
Gesundheit


anon980513459
Oh Dear, Ashu...just listen, or not, and be interested,or not, in other peoples foolishness if you like.. in the meantime please dont come here and stir the pot and cost us money by making frivolous complaints to whoever will listen. By the way Ii hear they are awarding costs against people like you.How would they handle this wherever you come from ? Hang, draw and quarter you for not believing...and flog you half to death first? I think so......


pentedco
Freedom Fighter, better get to Anger Management before you go completely nuts, dude!
Now if there is no God, I suppose there would be no repercussions if that Solo guy were tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail...


LBT
My family came to this country and worked their fingers to the bone - there were no Human Rights to whine to - they made their life on their own. These pathetic losers need to re-think their stay in Canada! Here's an idea - if you are that shallow bud, LEAVE!


BlueScot
Christian religion and its traditions are part of our Canadian culture & heritage. Get over it, new Canadian. To make this country secularist will mean turning our back on ouer heritage and where we came from. Canada has its history just like every other country. There is no obligation to conform to Solo's culture or remove our own for his sake. Whether you are christian or not, history cannot be changed.


nailrman
this dude is a "Dumfuc" a$$hole!  Enough said


Kevin South
I don't know what country you came from but if you don't like it then go back to where you came from.

Obviously you have come from a loser Muslim country. Name me one Muslim country that has been successful? All of these people like you are coming from these loser countries because our Christian countries are successful. You try to impose your religion on us and don't tell me you are an atheist because deep down you are not. You are just a trouble maker. Do you think that if a Christian went to your corrupt loser country that they would even be able to express anything at all? I suggest that you study the Christian bible and then maybe you will see the light


Pc800cc
You're a godless fool Ashu. Desparate for attention. Well I hope you enjoy your 15 seconds.


anonomyous
Who the hell let him into MY country? I really am sick and tired of all the complaining and complainers. Here is a thought Solo and there is no Mr. attached to that either - IF you don't like it or cannot be TOLERANT then kindly LEAVE THIS COUNTRY - GO BACK HOME where you most probably can do what you want. We have MORE RESPECT for others and their beliefs than you seem to.


ProudCanuck
Read the Mayor's comments..."“I’ve never given it any thought at all,” he said."

I think he should have given it some thought and been a leader without having to insult other faith groups and atheists. I know Saskatoon is no world center, but I betcha it is the 21st century there, too.


Eager Beagle
Solo is another example of 'those' people who enter Canada, like some royalty and immediately claim everything connected to their 'rights'.

How much more humble my generation of immigrants were (1950-1960), who came into this country! We were thankful, humble, shy, self-conscious and eager to work; eager to become real Canadians, like those who had been born here. We did not have airs. We did not object to Canada's Christian heritage or saying grace at mealtime.

This new breed of immigrant is arrogant, demanding, self-centered and mouths the Charter, which he probably memorized already 'back home'. Not a real immigrant, but some economic opportunist to enrich himself, then go back home and live like a king, while cursing bad, bad Canada.

Mr. Solo, go up to Baffin Island and chill out. Get your bearings right. By talking like this, you are not a real Canadian, but a phony usurper, who can only think of rights. What have you given to Canada? You are a typical 'me-me' type of person, who only has wants, wants.

Or here is a suggestion. Go to your religious leader and let him teach you some manners, which only a religious education can provide. Because atheists have zero finesse and are only able to display a perpetual abrasive personality. Hyper critical, arrogant mien.

Through many years of tradition, many Canadians have been saying grace; thanking God for providing for our bodies and souls. We want to keep it this way; not your way.


steve_hi
Ashu
His name says it all
he is an Ashu


LBT
I have to finally say one thing sir - think about it! Unless you just want publicity, maybe you are in the wrong country, We don't need this whiny crap here.


kencos
OK Canada are we going to accept this crap? Don't know where Soho is from but if not from here go back where he came from .....Canadian's won't surrender it's heritage for fools like you!


TheBeaver
Not even 2nd class? OK,  I'd say you are no class .
But really a first class pin--head.


Sassylassie
I won't even type what I think of him, to many offending words for the pinhead to absorb.


dandelion
I just noticed that person's eyes - the one in this article. They are like shark's eyes, lifeless...scary!!!!


Sick of FF
Great job - I would have said $&@?!$&#}%>€^£<}#|!! This
A whole needs to get a life. Go back to wherever you came from and volunteer there - we do not need you here.
We are sick of your krap buddy - enough already.
Take all your lefty political friends with you?
Sick of all iof you, including FF - should U still be awake a$$howole!


binkyspop
You are a second class citizen...and you came to Canada to become first class. And clearly that's not working. So why not go back to your third class country?


And here’s a Facebook comment I just saw directed at me from one of your supporters:
Bobby Bartram hey atheisti hope somebody kills your sorry ass!!t


The above comments are by supporters of Don Atchison and Randy Donauer and their religious bigotry and discrimination.  Atchison and Donauer, you should be extremely ashamed of yourselves.

One more thing, Atchison and Donauer.  A few of your extremely nasty, vicious, racist, and bigoted supporters have called my complaint petty.  Your refusal to apologize and your refusal to not violate the separation of government and religion again is infinitely more petty.  How important is it really for you to have prayers at municipal government events?

There should be a code of conduct for the mayor and city councilors that prevents your religious bigotry and discrimination.

Sincerely,

Ashu M. G. Solo